The Career Development Office manages:
• Permanent Change of Station (PCS)
• Retirement & Separations
• Career Status Bonus
• Reenlistments and Extensions
• Officer / Enlisted Promotions
* Most of these programs can be reviewed on Virtual MPF(vMPF)
PCS RIPs will be automatically emailed to the member's email address listed in vMPF from AFPC.
Retirements & Separations are processed through vMPF; use the self-service link on the left side of the screen, then continue to the retirement or separation links. AFPC will process the orders and DD Form 214. The MPS will conduct your final out processing.
Career Status Bonus (CSB) is the $30,000 incentive you can elect to receive when you choose to stay for 20 years of service and receive a reduced retirement percentage.
• At the 14 ½ year mark: you are eligible and should receive your information from the MPS
• At 15 years: you will be paid out if you elected to take the CSB.
• At 16 years and above; you are no longer eligible to take the CSB
* Please contact Reenlistments / Extensions for questions on CSBs,career job reservations (CJRs), selective reenlistment bonuses (SRBs), extensions for service related programs, or reenlistments.
Officer / Enlisted Promotions can answer most of your questions in regards to WAPs material, WAPs testing, pinning-on, etc.
* Note: We ask that all service members visit vMPF before contacting our offices. The majority of your questions can be answered there, but we are always available to assist for clarification.